Monday 31 August 2015

Vintage Vibes/ AW15 Trends

I love vintage shopping. It sounds cheesy but there's something exciting about getting lost in the most outrageous and eclectic collections of clothing that you just don't get with normal shopping. Brighton has a pretty great vintage scene, (I always do well in places like Beyond Retro and Snoopers Paradise), however my favourite ever vintage shop has to be Blitz; a huge vintage department store which is just off Brick Lane.

I've learned there's a knack to vintage shopping; you can't rush it and you have to pay attention to detail, to get the best buys. On a long weekend in France recently, I wore a vintage Calvin Klein sports bra from the 90's with a scarlet suede Vivienne Westwood skirt I picked up from Beyond Retro. Suede has been a big trend this summer after gracing the catwalks of fashion houses like Chanel and Derek Lam, and I don't think it's over just yet. I will most definitely be sporting a suede skirt with opaque tights and over the-knee-boots in the upcoming months. Red is also set to be the stand-out colour of AW15/16, from the collections of Christian Dior, Fendi, & Hermes, to name a few.

(Apologies for the poor quality images these were taken on my phone...)




No comments:

Post a Comment