Friday 15 November 2013

If you like it...Buy it twice?

On a trip to Camden recently, I stumbled across one of the Lily J London stores. The store itself is beautifully decorated with meticulous attention to detail, and the staff were very attentive. Whilst my mum was trying on clothes I noticed this 60's inspired blue embroidered shift dress, very similar to a Valentino number seen on the AW13 catwalks. Yves Klein Blue (cobalt) is one of my favourite colours this season (expect a blog post imminently), so I couldn't help but be drawn to this piece.

Valentino AW13
              (Please excuse the poor image quality, for some reason I thought it would be a good idea to do this at night...)





The plain turned-up sleeves mixed with the gorgeous detail of the dress contrast perfectly, the only thing that could have been added would be a plain collar, be it peter pan or not, however this dress works a dream as it is. As if I wasn't sold already, one of the shop assistants then brought the same dress over in a canary yellow colour, which I also fell in love with...





Priced at only £35 each, I thought they were a bargain and since I couldn't choose which one I preferred, I had to have both. Thank you student loan!


23 comments:

  1. It looks gorgeous in both colours!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Your blog is lovely, just had a cheeky stalk haha! xxx

      Delete
  2. Adore the dresses, such a good find!

    Sarah Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my god I am so in love with that first dress and it fits you perfectly dear! you are so pretty! xx

    fashionvitae.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha i have totally done this before - i reckon that if you love it that much why not have it twice in different colours. Loving these dresses on you they look gorgeous. You have beautiful hair as well haha had to say it! Love your blog, keep doing what your doing and remember having a blog is a working progress i have learnt you will always want to change things. Just be confident in your posts and you will go a long way. I am now following btw :)

    Collette xx
    shrewd-fox.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous dress, the print is amazing. looks lovely in both yellow and blue.
    xx http://1finedai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just followed your blog :) xx

      Delete
  6. This is gorgeous, you look amazing, you have such an incredible figure!! :-) xxx

    www.stylapetite.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love both of these dresses, you look lovely!

    Claudia xxx
    www.claudiakitten.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. definitely a dress we would purchase in two colours. they both look gorgeous. we love them on you!!

    http://mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both of these dresses are absolutely gorgeous :) I would definitely have had to buy both too haha xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. looks lovely! xxx
    www.trustinvogue.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely dress dear :D

    WWW.PUTRIVALENTINALIM.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow great find dear! Camden is definitely a place to visit when I come to London. Thank you so much for that lovely comment which you left on my blog, I really appreciate it, you're gorgeous xx

    fashionvitae.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow that blue dress is beautiful!x

    Would be really grateful if you checked my new fashion blog out over at http://in-my-fashion-pocket.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for following me! I just followed you back, you look so pretty! Good luck :))

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey sweetheart, thanks for your lovely comment! I just followed back :) You look beautiful!

    Kisses from Germany!

    Xoxo
    Kate
    http://www.katesfashiondiary.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete